Founded in 1934, The Junior League of Austin is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
We are a diverse group of 2,500 women who annually give more than 100,000 uncompensated hours of service to more than 35 projects and non-profits in Austin. Here is a snapshot of our Active members:
- Range in age from 25 to 45
- Are business owners, working mothers, professional women and stay-at-home moms
- Serve on numerous boards and committees throughout our community
- Be between the ages of 25 – 40 (as of May 31, 2018)
- Reside in Travis County or surrounding counties
- June-January: Complete the Membership Interest Form to get updates about the admissions process
- October: Attend the optional Open House in October, if you wish to learn more about The Junior League of Austin
- January: Attend one of the two required Admissions meetings in the winter
- February: Complete your application by the communicated deadline
- March: Notification of membership acceptance and Provisional Celebration event held
- April: Sign Provisional contracts and pay dues (payment plans available)
- June: Provisional year begins!
All events for the 2018-2019 admissions process have passed. Please complete the Membership Interest Form above and/or visit this site mid-summer for updates on next year’s process.
FALL OPEN HOUSE at JLA Headquarters in October
- October 2018 – exact date TBD
Come learn about the impact of the JLA in Austin.
ADMISSIONS MEETINGS at JLA Headquarters:
- January 2019 – exact dates TBD
Attending one of the two admissions meetings is mandatory for joining.
Applications are distributed in February to all women who attend one of the admissions meetings.