Founded in 1934, The Junior League of Austin is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Austin welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
We are a diverse group of 2,500 women who annually give more than 160,000 uncompensated hours of service to more than 30 projects and non-profits in Austin. Here is a snapshot of our Active members:
- Range in age from 25 to 45
- Are business owners, working mothers, professional women and stay-at-home moms
- Serve on numerous boards and committees throughout our community
ELIGIBILITY FOR BECOMING A 2020-2021 PROVISIONAL MEMBER
- Be between the ages of 25 – 40 (as of May 31, 2020)
- Reside in Travis County or surrounding counties at the time of application
- February 2019 – January 2020: Complete the Membership Interest Form to get updates about the admissions process
- October 2019: Attend the optional Open House in October, where you can learn more about The Junior League of Austin
- January 2020: Attend a mandatory Admissions meeting — two options offered
- February 2020: Complete your application by the communicated deadline
- March 2020: Notification of membership acceptance, sign Provisional contracts, and pay dues (payment plans available)
- April 2020: Provisional celebration
- June 2020: Provisional year begins!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES
Join us for our October Open House at The Junior League of Austin Community Impact Center.
- Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Time: 6:30pm
- Location: The Junior League of Austin Community Impact Center
- Address: 5330 Bluffstone Lane, Austin, Texas 78759
Check back for specific dates and times for the January Admissions Meetings.