The Junior League of Austin is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Austin will strengthen our community through creative solutions to current and future challenges.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement:
The Junior League of Austin welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
- Each year, members actively serve the community by volunteering a total of more than 160,000 hours of service, receiving invaluable professional skills through rewarding work in the community.
- The Junior League of Austin is part of a larger organization – the Association of Junior Leagues International. The Association includes over 290 Junior Leagues throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom consisting of over 160,000 women, all striving for positive change in their communities.
- As the fifth-largest largest league among The Association of Junior Leagues International Inc.(AJLI), The Junior League of Austin hosts nearly 2,400 Active, Provisional, and Sustaining members.
- Our membership includes business owners, working mothers, professional women and stay-at-home moms from diverse backgrounds – and all are full-time or part-time volunteers coming from communities surrounding the Austin area. More than 80% of our members work outside of the home in addition to volunteering, and many even volunteer outside of the JLA.
The Junior League of Austin’s members serve as trained volunteers through League Signature Impact programs and through Community Project partnerships and programs throughout the Austin area. JLA volunteers support initiatives to enhance education, health and well-being, safety and crisis intervention, the arts and the environment. Each year, The Junior League of Austin gives hundreds of thousands of dollars in direct financial support and more than 160,000 volunteer hours to support more than 20 local non-profit organizations. It is through the collaboration and generous support of our volunteers, local non-profit organizations and donors that we are able to strengthen the Central Texas community.
- Message from President
- Our History
- Board of Directors
- Community Advisors
- Press Room
- Strategic Plan, identified League Year 2021-22