The Community Project Application is closed for 2017. The deadline was August 31st at 3:30PM.
Non-profits must apply to become a Community Project. Applications may be for volunteers alone or for volunteers and accompanying funds (but not just for funding).
**Non-profit Organizations: Register/update your contact information here or by filling out the form at the bottom of the page.**
The next Community Project Orientation will be August 8, 2017. Check in 9:00 a.m. and Orientation 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. at THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF AUSTIN.
For all NEW non-profits AND those who have not been a community project with the Junior League of Austin in the past three years, attendance at the orientation is mandatory in order to submit a proposal. Please contact the Community Vice President at email@example.com for more information.
Click HERE to view a copy of the 2017 Project Orientation Power Point Presentation.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
Please note that to be considered as a community project, the following is required:
* Applicant Non-profit must be a not-for-profit
* Non-profit must show proof of $1 million in liability insurance
* Non-profit must provide quality placements for a minimum of 6 League volunteers
* If funds are requested, the funds must relate to the work of the League volunteers
* Non-profit must allow a representative of The Junior League of Austin to sit on Nonprofit’s Board of Directors as an ex-officio, non-voting member
* All new non-profits and those who have not been a Junior League of Austin Community Project in the past 3 years must send a representative to attend the August 9th orientation in order to submit a project proposal
* Non-profit must include the League name/logo in all publicity regarding the project
Application due date is Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. (no exceptions).
For your application to be considered, the following items must be submitted on or before the due date:
1. Financial Documents (including)
- Financial Information Cover Letter
- Letter of IRS Determination of Tax-Exempt Status 501(c)3
- Most Current IRS 990 (Parts I-IV)
- Latest Audit and Management Letter
- Budget to Actual for Previous and Current Fiscal Year End
- Most Recent Balance Sheet
- Project Balance Sheet (this completed document must be attached in Section V of your online application)
- Top 10 Non-Governmental Funding Sources (this completed document must be attached in Section V of your online application)
2. Printed Copy of Email Submission Receipt (applicants will receive this email upon submission of online application – save for your records, and print a copy of entire email to be turned in with financial documents)
3. Online Applications are closed for 2017.
For more information, please email Earind Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (210)364-0764.