GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
Please note that to be considered as a community project, the following is required:
* Applicant Non-profit must be a not-for-profit
* Non-profit must show proof of $1 million in liability insurance
* Non-profit must provide quality placements for a minimum of 6 League volunteers
* If funds are requested, the funds must relate to the work of the League volunteers
* Non-profit must allow a representative of The Junior League of Austin to sit on Nonprofit’s Board of Directors as an ex-officio, non-voting member
* All new non-profits and those who have not been a Junior League of Austin Community Project in the past 3 years must send a representative to attend the August 2nd orientation in order to submit a project proposal
* Non-profit must include the League name/logo in all publicity regarding the project
Application due date is Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. (no exceptions). For guidance on the application process, see the 2018 Community Project Application Guide and a sample placement description.
View the 2018 Community Project Orientation Power Point here.
For your application to be considered, the following items must be submitted on or before the due date:
1. Financial Documents (including)
- Financial Information Cover Letter
- Letter of IRS Determination of Tax-Exempt Status 501(c)3
- Most Current IRS 990 (Parts I-IV)
- Latest Audit and Management Letter
- Budget to Actual for Previous and Current Fiscal Year End
- Most Recent Balance Sheet
- Project Budget Request Form
- Top 10 Non-Governmental Funding Sources
2. Online Applications are being accepted between now and 5:00 pm CST on August 29, 2018. To access the online application please visit https://JLACommunityProjectApplication2018.formstack.com/forms/community_agency_application_20182019.
For questions about the application or technical assistance, please contact JLA Community Liaison at email@example.com.