As in years past, families will be required to show qualifying documentation onsite at Palmer Events Center on Distribution Day. Distribution Day is Saturday, December 9, 2017, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704, in downtown Austin.
Families will be qualified to receive a coat(s) based on the information below:
- Children must be 18 years of age or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Parent or guardians without children present on Distribution Day must provide BOTH proof of child’s age AND proof of income.
- Acceptable proof of child’s age includes:
- Government issued ID cards
- Birth Certificate (Original only, no copies please)
- CHIP card
- School ID with picture
- Medical/Immunization record
- All parents or guardians must show proof of enrollment in a governmental assistance program or family income at TWICE or below the federal poverty guidelines (2017 federal poverty guidelines are $16,240 for family of 2, $24,600 for family of 4, $41,320 for family of 8 and add $4,180 for each additional member).
- Acceptable proof of eligibility includes:
- Enrollment in free/reduced lunch program
- WIC card
- CHIP card
- Medicaid card
- Lonestar debit card
- AP (Medical Assistance Program) card
- SSI (Social Security Income) card
- Current Pay Stub
- Please note: Each child present on Distribution Day may receive ONE coat. If child is not present on Distribution Day, each parent/guardian may receive a MAXIMUM of SIX coats.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 888-9031.