Information for Families
As in years past, families will be required to show qualifying documentation onsite at Palmer Events Center on Distribution Day. Distribution Day is Saturday, December 8, 2018, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Palmer Events Center is located at 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704, in downtown Austin.
Families will be qualified to receive a coat(s) based on the information below:
- Children must be 18 years of age or younger and accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Parent or guardians without children present on Distribution Day must provide BOTH proof of child’s age AND proof of income.
- Acceptable proof of child’s age includes:
- Government issued ID cards
- Birth Certificate (Original only, no copies please)
- CHIP card
- School ID with picture
- Medical/Immunization record
- All parents or guardians must show proof of enrollment in a governmental assistance program or family income at TWICE or below the federal poverty guidelines (2018 federal poverty guidelines are $16,460 – family of 2, $25,100 – family of 4, $42,380 – family of 8, $4,320 for each additional member).
- Acceptable proof of eligibility includes:
- Enrollment in free/reduced lunch program
- WIC card
- CHIP card
- Medicaid card
- Lonestar debit card
- AP (Medical Assistance Program) card
- SSI (Social Security Income) card
- Current Pay Stub
- Please note: Each child present on Distribution Day may receive ONE coat. If child is not present on Distribution Day, each parent/guardian may receive a MAXIMUM of SIX coats.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 888-9031.