The Junior League of Austin is pleased to be able to provide funds for your project’s expenditures as specified in the 2020 – 2021 Project Contract. We are contracted with you for the period June 1, 2020, through May 31, 2021. We need your help to ensure all of the expenses that you incur as a project of the Junior League of Austin are processed and reimbursed in a timely manner. Please make note of the following reimbursement requirements:
- Please note that all receipts MUST be submitted within 30 days of purchase or they will not be eligible for reimbursement. Copies of receipts for expenses must be submitted for your agency to be reimbursed. Remember, The Junior League of Austin will make reimbursements only for those items specified in the contract. Therefore, it is important to indicate on the receipt to what expense line item you wish to have the disbursement charged.
- All requests for expense reimbursement must be received by April 30, 2021. If you need to extend this deadline due to the timing of your project, please contact us before April 1, 2021, to advise us of this request. Click here to download a copy of the Project Reimbursement Form.
- For those projects receiving funding for a salary, salary reimbursements will be paid in quarters: Q1 is June, July, Aug., Q2 is Sept., Oct., Nov., Q3 is Dec., Jan., Feb., and Q4 is Mar., Apr., May. Your agency may submit a salary reimbursement in the last month of each quarter. For example, first-quarter salary reimbursement requests may be submitted on August 1st. Salary checks will not be issued without receipt of proof of employment. Accepted forms of verification are a copy of a payroll check, a W-2, an IRS Form 941, an employment contract, or a TEC Employer’s Quarterly Report. Please give notice to the Treasurer when an employee leaves a position, so the funds can be adjusted accordingly. Click here to download a copy of the Quarterly Salary Reimbursement Form.
- Grant awards are disbursed by reimbursement only. The Junior League of Austin will NOT pay vendors directly.
- During the course of the year, expenses in a one-line item may not be as great as originally projected. You may request that these monies be used for another approved line item listed in your contract (Exhibit A.) For example, you may end up in a situation like this:
Contract Amt Used Balance Printing $1200.00 $1200.00 $0 Travel $500.00 $200.00 $300.00 Telephone $600.00 $600.00 $0
You may request that the $300.00 remaining in the line item “Travel” be reallocated to “Printing” or “Telephone.” A NEW LINE ITEM MAY NOT BE CREATED. Reallocation requests must be submitted in writing to the Community Council Vice President and approved by the Community Council. The deadline for reallocating expenses is April 1, 2021.
- Finally, the Junior League of Austin does not reimburse for sales tax. Any requests with receipts including sales tax will be revised to delete the tax amount.
Please send all reimbursement requests and/or salary verifications to: Sarah McIlroy, Community Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to 5330 Bluffstone Lane, Austin, TX 78759 OR faxed to 512-454-7518.